The Alliance and DCYF partner to provide all caregiver training and support for current foster parents and kinship caregivers.
Caregiver Training at the Alliance
All trainings are free and available to current and future foster parents and kinship caregivers. Visit the Alliance website to create an account and register for classes.
- Caregiver Core Training (CCT), the course that all foster parents are required to take.
- Kinship Core Training (KCT), a version of CCT that is specific to kinship caregiving.
- CaRES “Recommendations for Caregiver Continuing Education” in the CaRES resource library (scroll about halfway down the page).
Alliance Caregiver Retention, Education, and Support Program (CaRES)
The CaRES program supports all current foster parents and kinship caregivers by providing the following:
- Support through the licensing process
- Support at key points, such as when a foster parent welcomes their first placement or when a kinship caregiver steps forward to care for a relative or child of a family friend
- Online and local support groups in different formats
- Supportive and helpful resources
- Peer mentors who are current or former foster parents and kinship caregivers