We support the adult educators who care for and teach young children in Washington State.
Washington has qualified, and competitively compensated educators across all early learning settings to help children reach their potential and to eliminate race and income as predictors of school readiness.
Provide a DCYF comprehensive framework and delivering of services for PD that includes adult learning and workforce development to ensure improved outcomes for children, youth and the adults who provide education and services.
Updates & Popular Pages
- Read the latest PD Newsletter: English, Spanish, and Somali.
- Dual Language Designation, Coming Spring 2023! Learn about DCYF’s Dual Language Learning efforts, and the benefits of the designation. Visit DCYF’s Dual Language learning webpage.
- DCYF's New Training Site: We are excited to announce the implementation of a new Learning Management System (LMS) coming in 2023! Learn More: DCYF's New Training Site (January 2023 Update webinar) English | Español.
- The Core Competencies for Early Care and Education Professionals is now available in English, Spanish and Somali in DCYF’s Publication Library.
- Exciting Updates to the Education Verification Process! The updated process reduces barriers, time and costs to providers. Read the full update.
- Dual Language Designation & Trauma-Informed Care: Learn about PD's Components of the Fair Start for Kids Act.
- Qualifications & PACE Updates: How does PACE Work? How do I know if PACE is right for me? How do I complete PACE? Visit the PACE webpage.