Here are a few key ways to access COVID tests for children and youth in out-of-home care; including community based PCR tests, or ‘rapid at home’ tests:
- To locate community testing options, including rapid tests, contact Coordinated Care's Apple Health Core Connections Team at AHCCTeam@coordinatedcarehealth.com, or call the main line 1-844-354-9876 (Dial 2 for Member Services) 8am-5pm on weekdays and ask for CARE COORDINATION.
- This phone number is available 24/7 for pharmacy and other questions too.
- 12 over-the-counter COVID tests per month are covered for every Apple Health member with the Coordinated Care card.
- Please Note: Coordinated Care coverage for the tests must be used. There is no way to reimburse caregivers if they pay out-of-pocket for COVID tests.
- If you need help finding a pharmacy that has over the counter/at-home COVID tests in stock, contact the Apple Health Core Connections Team.
- The at-home tests should follow the child if their placement changes.
- If a child has used the 12 tests before the month is up, a doctor can prescribe more tests and insurance will cover them.
- Heath Care Authority Testing Policy: https://www.hca.wa.gov/assets/billers-and-providers/apple-health-covid-testing-clinical-policy.pdf
- For youth in fee-for-service Medicaid coverage, tests are covered through the Provider One card.