How to Complete Online Training
NOTE: Skip to Step 2 if you have a T-DMS account. You are already registered in MERIT. Use your T-DMS username and password to login to MERIT.
- Visit MERIT at merit.dcyf.wa.gov
- Click on ‘Sign In or Register’
- Fill out the required fields. Create a password
- Activate your account by clicking on the email sent to you. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox.
- Return to ‘Sign In’ page and sign in. Your username is your email address.
NOTE: Skip to Step 3 if you are already registered in MERIT and have a STARS ID number.
- Visit MERIT at merit.dcyf.wa.gov and sign in.
- If you have a T-DMS account, use the same username and password to login to MERIT.
- Once signed in, go to the ‘My Applications’ tab.
- Click on the application ‘STARS ID Number’.
- Follow the steps to apply for your STARS ID number.
- Visit the DCYF Student Training Portal.
- Click on the “Sign Up” option.
- Fill out the required fields.
- You must have a STARS number.
- Your name must match what is recorded in MERIT. If you need to change your name in MERIT contact email@example.com.
- Select your role type.
- For ESIT workers, select the organization you are with.
- Create a password.
- Click on “Continue to Your Training” to see a list of all training options.
If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To best assist you, please provide your first and last name, date of birth or STARS ID number.
Select one of your T-DMS accounts to be your “primary” MERIT account. You will use the username and password from this T-DMS account to sign-in to MERIT and apply for a STARS ID number. Once you have a STARS ID number, you will be able to register in the DCYF Student Training Portal.