Requesting a Change

What do I do if I need an address change?

To request an address change, please contact your assigned Adoption Support Program Consultant. They will assist in changing your address with SSPS, among other places. You will need to provide the following information:

  • Child's/Children's Name (s)
  • Date(s) of Birth
  • Parent (s) Name (s)
  • Old Address
  • New Mailing Address
  • New Physical Address
  • Address Effective Date
  • Phone
  • Cell
  • Email

NOTE: Please report your change of address to Adoption Support, even if you receive payment via direct deposit, as this is a requirement per your Adoption Support Agreement.

What is the process for requesting a review or a modification to the adoption support agreement post-adoption?

The adoptive parent may request an opportunity to negotiate a modification of the adoption support agreement's monthly cash payment provision if there is a change in the needs of the child or in the circumstances of the family.

The request must be in writing, and the adoptive parent must provide supporting documentation to the adoption support program consultant.

  • Adoption Support Agreement Review form (DCYF 10-082).
  • Most recent IRS Form 1040 or financial statement.
  • Documentation specific to the child's special needs or change in the child's diagnosis or treatment recommendations from a professional (Educational reports or updated IEP, mental health records, psychological evaluation, medical reports, Early Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Treatment (EPSDT) or other medical and treatment recommendations).

The adoption support program consultant may also refer the family for an updated rate assessment to determine the child's current level of needs.

The adoptive parent and the agency will negotiate in an attempt to reach agreement on the request for modification. If the parties modify the terms of the agreement, the adoptive parent and the agency must sign a new agreement.

If the agreement is modified, the changes in the terms of the agreement will be retroactive to the first day of the month in which the agency received the written request.

If an agreement cannot be reached, the agency will deny the request for modification and must provide the adoptive parent with written notice of the denial and of the right to appeal.