- Contact information – for questions, comments, concerns
- WA CAP Distribution List – sign up to receive the latest portal information
- Project Schedule – stay informed of project milestones
- Q&A – others may have the same question
- Racial Equity & Social Justice – our pro-equity approach to this work
- Child Placing Agencies – our monthly meeting link
YES! After a child has been placed for 10 days, FamLink notifies the Kinship Notification Unit (KNU) to contact the family and begin the Home Study process.
New Home Study
- The family has a previously approved home study for a child and is seeking placement or permanency with another child that is outside the recommendations on the previous home study.
- The needs or characteristics of a child considered for adoption is significantly different than when the family was assessed in a previously approved home study.
- The local court requires an update.
- The family’s original home study did not include a recommendation for adoption and now the family is interested in pursuing permanency through adoption.
- Adoption Area Administrators may request an adoption home study update by contacting LD CPA Administrator.
Foster Parents and Kinship Caregivers
For Regions without a KCEU, the family’s assigned Home Study Specialist will be doing this work
Child Placing Agencies (CPAs)
Some CPA staff participated in testing and provided feedback to the WA CAP team. Additionally, anyone can provide feedback and suggestions, or their concerns, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Input is constantly being received, considered and reviewed. All ideas will be forwarded to the appropriate group(s).
If applicants have Washington-specific questions about what to do on a form or our practices, the Chat will refer them to their "assigned worker" or the WA CAP help desk: email@example.com.
If you have questions, would like to provide a comment, or would like more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to answer every question or comment that is submitted, but please know that due to volume, your question may not be answered directly. However, it will be recorded, submitted to the appropriate person/workgroup, and may be used in future Q and A posts.