In January 2023, DCYF’s Licensing Division launched an electronic portal for caregivers (foster care, kinship, child placing agencies and group care) to submit applications and store required forms and information.
We are rolling out the new application portal in stages to ensure that training quality, system functionality, and practice changes result in the best online experiences for applicants and all other users. DCYF Licensing Division Foster Care Assessment staff began using WA CAP first. As 2023 progresses, we will include additional DCYF staff, prospective and current foster care parents, child placing agencies, and group care facilities.
Get more information on:
The portal looks to:
- Improve the state’s foster care licensing system usability.
- Streamline the Home Study Process by creating a singular Home Study that DCYF and Child Placing Agencies will use.
- Automate existing paper practices.
- Provide tools for efficient recruitment and retention of foster parents.
- Provide a single application source to prospective and existing caregivers.
- Provide the Department, Stakeholders, the media, and the Legislature with measurable, quantifiable, and meaningful outcomes.