Program: Legal Services for Youth
Juvenile Rehabilitation (JR) Institutions and Reentry Project
Youth served by JR can receive legal services from TeamChild for no fee.
TeamChild often provides advice and help on issues like these:
- Conditions of Confinement: if a youth feels like there is something unfair or wrong with the way they are being treated while incarcerated in a JR institution or community facility
- Post-disposition: if a youth feels like something was wrong with their trial or sentence
- Sentence Clarification
- Sex Offender Registration
- Restitution and other Legal Financial Obligations
- Juvenile Record Sealing
- Individual Rights: if a youth feels like there is a legal barrier to their success or needs a lawyer to understand and exercise their rights
- Family law/paternity
- Name Change
- Reentry Transition: if a youth needs help preparing and planning for release from JR
- Public Benefits
- Foster Care and Extended Foster Care
- Education: if a youth wants help getting access to education and instruction or needs more tailored and specialized educational support.
How To Get Help:
Anyone can make a request for TeamChild services on behalf of a youth at JR. We accept referrals by telephone and by e-mail.
- Call TeamChild at (206) 322-2444 x360 or toll free at (877) 295-2714 or reach out to our King County office at email@example.com.
- Fill out a referral form on the JR Institutions and Reentry Project page of TeamChild’s website
- Read the TeamChild Fact Sheet
Every young person leaving Juvenile Rehabilitation has an opportunity to receive legal assistance sealing their juvenile record if certain criteria is met.
How To Get Help:
- Read the following resources on Juvenile Record Sealing:
- Visit TeamChild website for additional resources
- Follow the instructions on the Washington Law Help Website
Resources for Youth who have Sexually Offended
The following fact sheets are provided by the Washington State Sex Offender Policy Board: