The Early Learning Advisory Council (ELAC) was created by the Legislature in 2007.
ELAC representatives from around the state meet regularly to provide input and recommendations to the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) so our strategies and actions are well informed and broadly supported by parents, child care providers, health and safety experts and interested members of the public.
Governor Jay Inslee holds final authority for policy decisions.
The council has adopted a Racial Equity Framework through which it conducts its business as an advisory board to the Department of Children, Youth, and Families.
DCYF is accepting applications for the Early Learning Advisory Council. Learn more about membership and application information.
The Early Learning Advisory Council (ELAC) members are a diverse group of people whose role is to provide DCYF with input and recommendations to inform DCYF's work.
ELAC includes parents, child care providers, health and safety experts, legislators, representatives of Tribal Nations, independent schools, K-12 and higher education, and others who are interested in creating a statewide early learning system that helps all children realize their full potential.
Some ELAC members are appointed by the Governor. Others are appointed by various entities as required in the legislation that created ELAC.
The Early Learning Advisory Council has six regular meetings each year, held on the first Tuesday of odd months. At each meeting, ELAC members get updates on DCYF's work and provide input and recommendations to DCYF.
Members of the public are welcome to attend ELAC meetings. Public comment periods are offered throughout each meeting. The locations and times vary for each meeting.
February 5, 2019
April 2, 2019
June 4, 2019
August 13, 2019, 8:30am - 3:00pm
Oxford Suites Spokane
115 W North River Dr, Spokane, WA 99201
- Foundational Quality Standards Guidebook
- Education Update – Staff Qualifications
- General Staff Qualifications
- Chart of Related Credentials
- Licensed Provider Training Requirement (pages 1 and 2, pre-service topic)
- Additional Reference: Child Restraint Update in WAC FAQ
- Compensation Report
- Proposed Strategic Framework EL Strategic Plan for Steering Committee
- Planning Draft Outreach Chart
- Feedback Loop
- ELAC Update on ECEAP Proposed Rules
- Current Secretary’s List
- Proposed DCYF Secretary’s List
- Comparisons of Current and Proposed Secretary’s List
- State Agency/Partner Updates
- Regional Coalition Updates
- Future State Advisory Group Mapping Draft
- Stakeholder Advisory Mechanism FAQ
- 2019 ECEAP WAC Updates
October 1, 2019, 9:00am-4:00pm
1701 E Yakima Ave Yakima, WA 98901
December 3, 2019
August 14, 2018
October 2, 2018
December 4, 2018