Expansion of ECEAP services in communities across the state is occurring yearly until 2026-2027. By that time, the State Legislature has determined that “any eligible child shall be entitled to be enrolled” in ECEAP (RCW 43.216.556 (5).
DCYF is working to integrate ECLIPSE services with Early ECEAP/ECEAP programming for children who are referred to ECEAP by DCYF social workers, primary care physicians, public health nurses, or Department of Social and Health Services social workers who have identified children who have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
This section includes documents related to the Request for Application and an overview of ECEAP that can be used to initiate conversations with potential subcontractors.
Now open: 2024-2025 Comprehensive Early Learning Services Request for Application (RFA)
The DCYF ECEAP RFA is now a combined application for ECEAP, Birth-3 ECEAP, ECLIPSE and Complex Needs Funding (CNF) services. Please note, ECLIPSE and CNF is for current ECEAP contractors only.
See the Comprehensive RFA Guide and other resources below for guidance:
- Comprehensive Early Learning RFA Guide 2024
- RFA Application Reference Document
- RFA Resources 2024
- Application: Comprehensive Early Learning Services Smart Sheet Survey
For current ECEAP contractors only
RFA Office Hours
- Dec. 11, 2023, 10-11 a.m.(for Tribal Nations)
- Dec. 13, 2023, 1-2 p.m.
- Jan. 4, 2024, 2-3 p.m.
- Jan. 9, 2024, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
During an Open RFA, Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
In order for an Application to be reviewed and scored, an Applicant must:
- Be licensed to do business in the state of Washington.
- Plan to serve a minimum of 75 slots, including existing ECEAP slots, B-3 ECEAP, Head Start slots, tribally-funded preschool slots and slots requested through this application.
- Exception: Current ECEAP contractors are exempt from this requirement.
- Exception: Tribal sovereign nations’ application may also be considered if slot totals are under 75 slots.
- Be a current ECEAP or Early ECEAP Contractor if applying for ECLISPE layered funds.
- Submit a completed Application in accordance with the RFA.
- Please note: New organizations, including licensed child care centers and family child care homes, interested in providing less than 75 preschool slots or only part of ECEAP services, such as a preschool classroom experience, should coordinate with a current or prospective ECEAP contractor in their vicinity to discuss the possibility of becoming an ECEAP subcontractor working under that ECEAP contractor. Please do not apply through this survey if applying for fewer than 75 slots. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.