Washington State is dedicated to the safety and well-being of EVERY youth in the foster care system. Information about programs and resources for LGBTQIA+ youth are available through your caseworker.
Apple Health Core Connections (AHCC) is your health care plan. AHCC is able to assist you in accessing LGBTQIA+ services including counseling and medical treatment that meet your needs. Whether you have questions about your benefits, just want to talk, or if you are feeling sad, alone, or anxious – AHCC is available to help, nothing is too big or too small.
DID YOU KNOW? Most current and former foster youth have health care benefits, including trans gender services, through Apple Health Core Connections.
Contact Coordinated Care at: 1-844-354-9876 or visit www.coordinatedcarehealth.com/applehealthcoreconnections
Connect with local groups, LGBTQ+ agencies, and resources in your area.
- The Trevor Project – 1-866-488-7386 provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ+) young people ages 13-24.
- PFLAG – (202) 683-9306 unites people who are LGBTQ+ with parents, families, friends, and allies.
- Human Rights Campaign – (800) 777-4723 works to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Americans.
- National Center for Transgender Equality – Go to website for additional resources and phone numbers under “Contact Us” at the bottom of the home screen. This organization is a social justice advocacy aimed at winning life-saving change for transgender people.
- Foster Care Alumni of America – Washington Chapter – Works to support youth and alumni to feel supported
- Constituent Relations responds to feedback and concerns from the general public regarding DCYF programs and services call or email: or 1 800 723-4831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have safety concerns within your placement, call your caseworker or 1-866-ENDHARM.
- If you are in immediate danger, call 911.