Home visiting programs are voluntary, family-focused services offered to expectant parents and families with new babies and young children to support the physical, social, and emotional health of your child.
When families receive home-based support, children are better prepared for school, abuse and neglect are less likely and parent-child bonds are stronger
Either before your child’s birth or in your child’s first few years of life, families are voluntarily matched with trained professionals. Trained professionals visit families in their homes or community settings to provide information and support related to children’s healthy development, support parent-child relationship, and provide information on importance of early learning and connections to other information, services and supports in the community.
Benefits of Home Visiting
- Stronger parent-child bonds
- Healthier mothers and babies
- Lower rates of child abuse and neglect
- More positive parenting practices
- Earlier development of language and literacy skills Improved school readiness
- Safer homes
- Increased rates of parental employment
Are you looking for a home visiting program near you?
ParentHelp123 can help you and your family find local services near you.
- ParentHelp123 Resource Finder
- Help Me Grow Washington Hotline: 1-800-322-2588