Changing Your Mind

If you change your mind or have questions about your baby, call the Division of Children and Family Services at 1-800-562-5624.

Explain that you transferred your baby under the Safety of Newborn Children Law. You may also be asked for the following information:

  • Provide the date that you transferred your child.
  • Provide the location of the transfer (hospital, fire station, or rural health clinic).
  • You may be asked to provide the child's bracelet number for verification. You will then be provided with the name and number of the child's social worker.

If you have transferred a child under this law, you have not committed a crime and you will not be referred to law enforcement.