Do I qualify for subsidized child care?
Apply for child care with DCYF’s Working Connections Child Care (WCCC) subsidy program by calling 1-844-626-8687, visiting Washington Connection, or submitting a paper application. Families interested in enrolling their children in Head Start or ECEAP may contact a Head Start or ECEAP provider near you. Local Head Start and ECEAP providers can be found on the DCYF website. Applications are processed, on average, within 10 days.
Other Available Resources
Child Care Aware of Washington can help families with various aspects of child care such as locating providers in their area, obtaining a provider’s Early Achievers score, and resources for families experiencing homelessness. Child Care Aware can be contacted by calling 1-800-446-1114 or by visiting ChildCareAwareWa.org. The website provides links and information for additional child care resources:
- Families who live in King County - visit Best Starts for Kids Child Care Subsidy to learn more.
- Low- to moderate-income families in Seattle. Call 206-386-1050 or learn more.
- Full-time college students in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties. Learn more.
- Low- to moderate-income families in Kent, Auburn, Redmond, and Bellevue. Call 206-323-4912 or email email@example.com or Apply Here.
- Child Care Aware can assist military families that need child care. Learn More.