In accordance with the latest collective bargaining agreement with Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 925, licensed family home providers will receive a monthly cost of care rate enhancement of $2,000 for each service month they are eligible beginning July 2022 and ending June 2023. Providers are eligible for this cost of care rate enhancement when the provider has received a child care subsidy base payment:
- For the month of service; or
- For 2 of the last 3 months of service; or
- For 4 of the last 6 months of service.
Providers will receive the first cost of care rate enhancement in September 2022 when the licensed family home provider has:
- Claimed July 2022 services by the end of August; or
- Claimed May 2022 and June 2022 services by the end of August; or
- Claimed February 2022, March 2022, April 2022, and either May 2022 or June 2022 services by the end of August.
Providers who claim more than 30 days after the month of service will receive their cost of care rate enhancement payment in the month following their timely claim. For example, when a provider claims their July month of service in September, they will receive their July cost of care rate enhancement in October.
DCYF will process the licensed family home cost of care rate enhancement payment between the 12th and the 17th of each month and make payment to providers using the provider’s normal payment method.
If you have any questions, please call 1-800-394-4571 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.