Adoption consortium is a service that assists caseworkers in identifying adoptive homes for youth in need of permanency. This service also provides potential adoptive families an opportunity to hear about youth in need of a permanent home, ask questions, and present themselves to the caseworkers as a potential match.
Who Can Participate?
- Any youth or sibling group in need of a permanent adoptive home. The youth does not need to be legally free to use this service but the case should be in the TPR process and must have court or parent approval for participation.
- Any licensed or adoptive family who are currently approved for placement. This includes families licensed or home-studied through a private agency.
Consortiums are held monthly via Zoom. Join us at one of our upcoming events:
- August 17, 2021 | 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
- September 21, 2021 | 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
- October 19, 2021 | 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
- November 16, 2021 | 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
- December 21,2021 | 9 a.m. -12 p.m.
If you are an adoptive family seeking to identify a child or youth, you can email Elisha Chambers (Elisha.Chambers@dcyf.wa.gov) and Julie Pettit (Julie.Pettit@dcyf.wa.gov) regarding your interest in presenting your family.
To learn more, view this publication.